Community » Country:CANADA » Artist:Sylvia Chan

Sylvia Chan is an emerging artist from Markham Ontario, Canada.
Follow
Contact the artist
x4x1x1
According to Hutton, earthquakes have been treated as miraculous catastrophes outside the ordinary course of nature and were taken as a sign of gods. Throughout history, we can come to realize the power of nature on the environment and people. Humans strive to shape and represent their environment but it has its own power that cannot be subjugated to human desires entirely. We have little control of the forces that shape and reshape out world, such as disasters and hurricanes. One prevailing question that arises in my mind is, ''How do we associate ourselves with one another knowing that all that we have in this lifetime is impermanent?" All that you have including your body will eventually wear off; whither away and cease to stay as a whole. I want to investigate this human condition through creating landscapes. The themes I work with include the seasonal changes and the different cycles of life such as birth, growth, reproduction, age, decay and rebirth. For inspiration, I enjoy looking through landscapes done in the 18th and 19th century by artists such as Casper David Friedrich and by Turner. I am described to be a Wabi-Sabi artist who finds beauty in the imperfect and flawed. I believe that beauty is found in every thing; that includes the various layers of process found in my work. Each layer contributes to the end product or wholeness of the piece. I aspire to emerge figures with the landscape in the near future.
My Art works  
For sale
For sale
 Reward this artist if you like the work and become a fan
Fans
letti.ambrosi.
jaime zamora echevarria
Hanna Beist
harryvelbert
Blain Norman
Cris M. D.
michael
Raúl Palacios Ariza
williemorales

Sylvia Chan attended the Visual Arts York program at Unionville high school. After having won a scholarship from the school, she went to study at Chelsea College of Art and Design in England, London. There, she was exposed to the various ways in using her medium and in thinking creatively. After studying one year there, she decided to go to Concordia University to further her studies. Sylvia Chan is a recent graduate from the Painting/Drawing program, having received her BFA at Concordia University. She has been painting for most of her life, as well as having arts exhibitions as early as her high school years.  Throughout her university years, she has had numerous shows in Montréal and Toronto.  One of her achievements, include being picked as one of the top two students from the Fine Arts Department from Concordia University for the Hermitage Young Artist program to represent Canada in St Petersburg, Russia , along with five other emerging artists from Canada. One of her artwork was also included in the Top 26 Defining Moments Exhibition which toured from coast to coast in Canada in 2012

NameSylvia
First surnameChan
Country CANADA
Language english
Thursday, 31 January 2013
Style
Expressionistic
January 2013
Sylvia Chan has won with the work “Desolace veritum
Saturday, 15 December 2012
Sylvia Chan has updated the biography
Thursday, 17 May 2012
Sylvia Chan has added at the portfolio the work

Fans
letti.ambrosi.
jaime zamora echevarria
Hanna Beist
View all fans
Sylvia Chan has added at the portfolio the work “The Changing landscape

Fans
letti.ambrosi.
José Manuel Solares
Hanna Beist
View all fans
Sylvia Chan Sylvia Chan is an emerging artist from Markham Ontario, Canada.
Monday, 01 September 2008
Genre
Others
September 2008
Sylvia Chan has won with the work
Type of artwork
Drawing
September 2008
Technique
Other
September 2008
Technique
Pencil
September 2008
Style
Others
September 2008
Followers

About us :: Terms & Conditions :: Help/Info

Copyright © 2007-2014 Noenga. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks, patents and brands are the property of its respective owner.